Sunday, February 11, 2018

And Heading Home

Wednesday, January 31st

By 5:30am I was on the road.  I had the privilege of seeing the moon phenomenon in my mirrors as I was leaving Summit County.  So Cool!

First stop was the Nissan dealership outside Denver.  I thought I might have possibly been able to make it back to the Muskogee Nissan (where I purchased the vehicle) in Oklahoma before hitting 5,000 miles for free service and maintenance, but I was wrong.  Time for an oil change.

Rest of the drive was pretty uneventful.  Stopped at a planet fitness to run.  Made it to my parent's house in Oklahoma by 10pm or so.  Mom was so happy to see me! 

Thursday, February 1st 

I slept in a familiar bed, woke up, headed to the dealership where I got the vehicle to give it a once over and was back on the road.

Took a two hour pitstop in St. Louis to see some good friends then continued the drive straight through the night and arrived back home in Maine on the evening of the 2nd.  I'm counting that as some sort of endurance training.  Here's the breakdown of the trip from Colorado back to Maine (via Muskogee, OK and STL, MO):
Total time elapsed: 60 hours
Driving time: 37 hours
Sleep: 10 hours

Good to be Home

No comments:

Post a Comment