Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Pancakes (again), Dreadmill, and Catalina's Arrival!

Tuesday January 16th

Well that was a longest I have ever slept in the van, 13 hours!  I stayed warm the whole night due to the electric blanket, two 0 degree sleeping bags, a couple blankets, and a couple of sheets.  However, there was quite a large amount of condensation on the ceiling and the windshield was pretty frosty.  I planned on only sleeping a few hours then doing a long run at planet fitness during the evening then going back to sleep.  However, plans changed and I was starving.  So I headed to IHOP for all you can eat pancakes for five dollars.  I was going to get my money's worth.

I ate 15 pancakes.

I headed to walmart, again, to grab a hot water bottle to use in colder climates to keep the bed warm and gorilla tape to secure the privacy curtain that has now sense fallen down.  The velcro sticks well, but the sticky back did not stay stuck to the fabric.  I also headed to autozone to get a windshield UV reflector with one side black to hopefully prevent further condensation and frost buildup while sleeping.  I headed back to Planet Fitness parking lot to relax a bit and make some phone calls.

I started a treadmill run when Catalina called to let me know she was boarding shortly!  I can't believe I get to see her in a few hours!  This is the longest her and I have been apart in two years!  I have definitely started to miss her.  After we chatted, I got back on the dreadmill for an hour.  After a shower, I convinced the nice folks at PF to let me charge my generator while I made shrimp ramen in the parking lot.  What a fabulous life!

It was around this time I received some great news! My friend Hope volunteered a spare bedroom for Cat and I in Bozeman!  A little background: I met Hope back in 2013 when she was studying abroad in Australia at the same university as my friend Noah.  I went down under to visit Noah for two weeks, with one of those weeks travelling up the western Coast of Australia from Perth to Exmouth in a van, oddly enough.  There was 6 of us in a van for a week, so we got to know each other pretty well.  Anyway, I am so grateful for this unexpected gift of being able to sleep somewhere warm!

Today I also chatted to my buddy Alex who I've known since freshman year of college back in 2009.  He currently lives in Colorado and we have been trying to work out when we would meet up. Well, today we solved it.  We will be meeting up in Steamboat next week for a couple of days and renting out a cheap AirBnB.  Looks like I wont be spending every waking (and sleeping) moment in the van this trip!

Did I mention Catalina flies in tonight?!?!?!
We plan on driving straight through the night and making it Big Sky for first chair tomorrow morning.
Wish us luck.

Stay Friendly and Run Wild!



No comments:

Post a Comment