Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Winter Tires, Snowboarding, Laundry

Monday January 15th

Woke up this morning in a Planet Fitness parking lot nice and warm, despite accidently leaving a side door ajar.  Last night I made up the futon with all the bedding, including the electric blanket, to make sure it would be warm enough once I got to colder climates.  I also realized I left the electric generator on last night as well, whoops!  I walked into planet fitness, took a shower, headed across the street to get my studded winter tires put on, had my all season tires put in the van, and was on my way to the mountains for some snowboarding. 

I only spent a couple of hours at Brighton today because it was so crowded and I landed hard on my left butt cheek.  I ended up going to the repair and tuning shop to get my other board edged and waxed.  I told them I was traveling to Montana in the next few days and wondered if I could just leave my board at the shop until I returned in a few days time.  They said no problem and I now I had one less thing to lug around in the van, at least for a few days.

The next item on the docket was to find a home for the 4 tires currently taking up all the space on my bed.  Luckily, I found a small tire shop that was willing to give me a decent price on them.  Crisis averted!  Shout out to Diamond Tires in Salt Lake City for being so awesome!

Ran a slow 5k at the Planet Fitness, showered, and cooked some shrimp ramen and enjoyed the view of the mountains from the parking lot.  Now that's fine dining!

Currently sitting at the laundromat waiting for all my sweaty, smelly, wet clothes to wash.  Sometimes life on the road isn't all adventure.  Sometimes it is mundane, but that is still a beautiful thing.

After laundry, I headed to Epic Brewing to grab a beer for Cat's arrival tomorrow evening and planned on tasting a few brews, but their tiny "tapless taproom" (Utah still has some weird alcohol laws, including not being able to have high ABV on tap, but allowed to serve it from cans and bottles) was at capacity.  So, I headed to Uinta Brewing and sampled some beers there.  I tried the Peach Hop Nosh, the winter seasonal Yardsale, and finished with a 2oz tasting of Baba. I also had a wonderful veggie sandwich and called it a day. I headed back into Murray and proceeded to sleep 13 hours in the van.

Stay Rested and Run Wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment